We here at Post to Post Sport were ready for a nice slow start to the season with the Pro14 starting inexplicably late and a lot of players absent for some reason. Then we were informed that it was a World Cup year and that’s the why everybody has been talking about Japan (we thought it was Godzilla related).
We called upon Bryan Ray (@raysrugby) of Americas Rugby News (@americasrugby) to help us go pool by pool through the opening stages. Bryans not just a charming Canadian accent you know, he knows his stuff.
We went the unconventional route of B, C, D, A so we finished up with Ireland's pool. You can hear our takes on all 20 teams and our predictions. Our podcasts are available on Spotify, PodBean, & MixCloud (PostToPostSport), and PlayerFM (Post to Post Sport). The links to each podcast on MixCloud are included below.
Pool B – New Zealand, South Africa, Italy, Canada, Namibia
- New Zealand Vs South Africa as the tournament decider.
- Any chance for Italy?
- Canada in disarray.
- Namibia to get a first win?
- Is the draw made too early?
- A Bigger World Cup?
Pool C – England, France, Argentina, USA, Tonga
- Could England go all the way?
- We predict France will be unpredictable.
- One-dimensional Argentina.
- Fully Professional USA are a sneaky dark horse.
- Tonga as the spoilers.
- Should teams be separated in the draw by region?
Pool D – Wales, Australia, Georgia, Fiji, Uruguay
- The Welsh path to the final.
- Australia down under the cosh.
- Georgia and Fiji as the bracket busters.
- How much have Uruguay improved?
- Is it time to expand the Six Nations and Rugby Championship?
Pool A – Ireland, Scotland, Japan, Samoa, Russia
- Remembering Chester Williams and his impact.
- Big names left out of the Ireland squad.
- Who will come out on top between Scotland and Japan?
- Are Samoa a danger?
- The European mess that handed Russia qualification.
- Predicting the winners.
The links above are for our MixCloud account, you can also listen on PodBean, Player FM, or by searching Post To Post Sport on Spotify. We’ll be offering rugby podcasts throughout the year in addition to a weekly domestic football show. We also cover European football and Wrestling. Remember to subscribe and follow @PostToPostSport on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram. Don’t miss Ciaráns articles every Tuesday right here on Harpin’ On Rugby.
We’ve finally finished are build-up, now let’s get down to the rugby!
Ciarán is the Producer and Presenter of Post to Post Sport (@PostToPostSport), a sports podcast that covers rugby, football, wrestling, and Irish Sport News. You can get their podcasts on MixCloud our Spotify (Search PostToPostSport) and PlayerFM (Post to Post Sport).