To help promote the “EarlyBird” offer for their Summer Camps, Leinster Rugby have offered a prize of 2 places at any of their venues to a witty HarpinOnRugby reader! Read on…
ABOUT THE CAMPS
The camps which run in 21 venues throughout the province during July and August will revolve around maximising enjoyment and learning to play the Leinster way. This year will see a strong emphasis placed on the capacities of the players and the rugby specific coaching will be tailored to each individual group and conducted in an appropriate safe manner with the aim to optimise learning, create friendships, improve rugby skills and enhance rugby specific knowledge.
The typical week will see the camp content broken down into the various elements of the game and see each day take on a different aspect of skill development, taking it from an introduction level through to using it in fun game based activities. A special area that we will be focusing on this year will be at Mini Stage 2 (8-10 years old) and Mini Stage 3 (10-12 years old), where the players will learn and experience activities around coaching based techniques such as 'Players on the Ball' and 'Players in Space'. This will see the coach's guide and give an understanding of the skills that are needed in these areas of the game such as passing, evasion, tackling, decision making and general movement.
Billy Phelan, who will manage The Herald Summer Camps this year, commented "With only two weeks until the Early Bird price of €70 closes, we are really looking forward to meeting all the players on the camps this summer. We look forward to seeing the next batch of Leinster players come through our camps and break through into the men's and women's Leinster teams".
Players who attend the camp will get:
· 5 days of coaching from 9.30am-1.30pm Monday to Friday trained by Leinster Rugby fully accredited IRFU coaches
· Visit from two Leinster players
· One free junior ticket to a selected Leinster game
· A Canterbury of New Zealand pack including a T-Shirt, a ball, a boot bag and a water bottle
· Learn new skills; make new friend and most importantly-HAVE FUN!
Sign up today at www.leinsterrugby.ie/camps to avail of the early bird price of €70 (before the 6th of June, €89 thereafter). It's cheaper than a babysitter!
HOW TO ENTER
- Come with an amusing caption for any or all of the four photos below (Just one caption for one photo is required for entry, but feel free to have a go at the all of them if the mood takes you!)
- Email your entry to email@example.com together with your name USING THE SUBJECT LINE “LR Summer Camp” (without the quotes)
- PLEASE NOTE - ONLY entries received by email with the correct subject line will be considered. Comments left on the blog or via social media cannot count.
- Closing time for entries is 9pm on Tuesday, June 3, 2014.
- You are free to enter as often as you like until the closing time.
- The caption which raises the most chuckles here at HarpinOnRugby Manor will be declared the winner - the name & winning caption will be announced on Wednesday, June 4 at 9am.
- There is to be one winner of the competition, and that winner will receive two places at the Leinster Rugby Summer Camp of their choice.
- NOTE : Be sure and label your caption to match the correct photo! [ie #1,#2,#3 or #4]
- All decisions of the competition organising committee will be final.
BE SURE AND HAVE A GO AND BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE! JLP